To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Reflections from a new M6 owner
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 16:07:39 -0700 (MST)
Cc: "Ohtonen Pasi (NTC/Helsinki)" <ohtonen@SWSGEN01ES.NTC.nokia.com>

>Camera 1706238 is post-1986 but, as the new management refuses to release
>production data and serial number ranges,  it would be difficult to date
>beyond that.

Interesting. I guess that's why Rogliatti in his "Leica, The First 70 Years"
stops with serial numbers for bodies at 1992 and lenses in 1988. Being new
to the fraternity, it is the first book of its kind that I have acquired.
Perhaps the body numbers beyond 1988 have been interpolated and
extrapolated, not?
       --
       Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                                 Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum