To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Only 100,000 exposures???
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 23:38:02 -0700

At 07:00 PM 5/14/96 EDT, you wrote:

>Is 1,000 rolls/yr typical for a photojournalist or pro in genereral? This
>may explain why the Passport covers for only 3 years.

I don't think it's all that much, for a pro. Some shoot a lot more than me,
and others tend to be more conservative. Depends on the job. But for
photojournalism, lots of film is bound to be shot. I know Jim Stanfield and
William Albert Allard are well known for shooting more than a 1,000 rolls
for a story (which takes normally 6 to 9 months.) Imagine, 36,000 pictures,
for the 35 or so that appear in National Geographic.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from Fred Ward <fward@erols.com> (Re: Only 100,000 exposures???)