To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: scala prints on cibachrome
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 11:38:26 +0100

From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com> wrote:
>Mark,
>I've been considering Scala because I do my own Ciba printing. I'm a bit
>confused about your comment re "regular or high contrast".  Do you mean as a
>consequence of printing on the various grades of Ilfochrome paper?  Also,
>what do you mean by "the colour bias of the original"?

I do not do my own colour printing, I get it done by Metro in London EC1.
However they do offer a choice of contrast level on Cibachrome print, which I
guess is down to the different grades made by Ilford. As far as the colour bias
of the original is concerned, I mean that there is a certain colour tinge to
every monochrome image (unless is is printed and scanned duotone in a magazine)
and that Scala seems to have the pleasing look of a silver-rich chlorobromide
mono print. Printing on Ciba, as opposed to going onto a mono paper via a mono
internegative, seems very good at preserving this original colour bias.
Hope this helps,

Mark