To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: HCB on 60 minutes
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 1996 23:05:50 -0700

At 09:32 PM 5/12/96 -0400, Wolfgang Sachse wrote:
 I know what he
>	means when he talks about his "work". I got off jury duty
>	last Summer after trying to explain the same idea to some
>	lawyer.

     A few years ago Josef Koudelka spoke at the UW in conjunction with the
Magnum exhibit at the Henry Gallery. Someone in the audience asked him how
he justified the sacrifices he had to make to work the way he does
(basically walking the earth, sleeping on people's couches, and taking
pictures). He was puzzled at first by the word "sacrifices," but finally
said something along the lines of "If you're living the sort of life you
want to live, doing what you want to do, then you're not making sacrifices."

Charles E. Albertson
Seattle, Wash.
chucko@mail.eskimo.com