To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RE: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #55
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 08:32:52 -0700

At 09:55 PM 5/8/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I did in fact drop my R7 onto rockbed by knocking over a tripod which had
the R7 and 35-70mm Vario Elmar mounted.  Leica USA is fixing it at no charge
under the Passport Protection warranty.

It is also important to note the Passport warranty is no longer
transferrable. I thought I had taken care of that, but they told me a couple
weeks ago when they were working on my R7 that it's not. So all those
salesmen out there who are pricing cameras with "Passport warranty" in the
ad are either mis-informed, or encouraging you to commit fraud. That's what
happened to me.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier