To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, soichi.tsunoda@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: M5 meter
From: Pablo_Mendoza@ROOSEVELT-PROVOST.ucsd.edu
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 08:14:00 -0700

     I had the same problem with my CLs and M5 before I sold them.  What is
     happening is that the meter arm is a hinged, spring loaded device with
     wires going through it to connect the CDS element with the
     galvanometer.  This wire over time gets pinched if left in the closed
     position.  This means that over time, there will be either wear or
     that the wire is pulled out gradually from the galvanometer.  The way
     to solve this is to have the wire replaced.  Then your meter will
     function like new.  If you identify for the repair person the problem
     and the fact that the meter functions when the arm is in the out
     position, the repair person should be able to either replace the wire
     or resolder the connection to the galvanometer.

     Hope this helps you.

     Pablo Mendoza
     pmendoza@ucsd.edu