To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica hits the sand
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 00:09:13 -0700

At 11:08 PM 5/7/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	I like the Leica. But c'mon fellow users, this whole story
>	might be just that - a good story. You've heard of the
>	parachutist, whose chute didn't open and he survived to
>	tell about it? Or the survivor who happened to be in the
>	toilet of a jet that crashed. So it can happen.

It's more than a good story. People reporter right here that they saw it in
Germany. I saw pictures of the body. And it was not operable, because the
advance lever was broken off. Minimal damage for a 25,000 foot drop, no?

And like I said, Leica said they could repair it for around $1,200. That's
Pretty dang good for an SL(2) Mot, motor and 90 Summicron.

Neck strap act as a parachute? Right. This is a joke, and I'm overreacting
to your note, eh?

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org> (Re: Excess "wear" on real lens mount of M lenses by CL body)