To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: ATTENTION!!! LEICA RIPPING OFF PHOTOGRAPHERS. [rec.photo.equipment.35mm #16152]
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 09:25:37 -0400 (EDT)

Dear LUG members,

In addition to my "zingers" back to the author of this message - which,
by the way 'bounced' back to me - I've decided to forward this to the site
administrator for my Internet service.  The ethnic slur simply won't be
tolerated on this end.  I only @&*$^#$%&@*&$^ (swear), not degrade other
nationalities.  There is no excuse for the original authors language and
anyone with half a brain knows it.  The minor swearing bothered me not.
Dweebs like him help set the bit of international diplomacy we have back
about a thousand years.

This is exactly the type of person - grouped in with the deviates,
panderers and pedophiles lurking out here on the 'Web - that have led to
Clinton wanting to impose some governmental censorship on the Internet.
If we oppose Internet censorship - as we should as it's a limitation of
sorts on the U.S. right of free speech...I think it's the 1st Amendment to
the Constitution...we must either accept censorship or reject and oppose
those that are the root of the cause.

Think about it......next time you're out with YOUR Leica and you're
comparing notes with another fellow photog with his M-6 and a couple of
lenses.......you might be talking to this idiot!  Scary, isn't it?

I hope I can speak for a great number of us out here on the 'Web.  To
German citizens and those of German ancestry tuning in on our forum:  This
guy doesn't speak the language we approve of.  His ethnic slurs have no
place on an international communications medium.  Or anywhere, for that
matter.  He doesn't deserve the time of day from any of us anymore than he
deserves special free service on his Leica.

To the rest.  If he behaves to service people with the same manner in
which he so callously addressed an international forum, I bet you'd have a
hard time hearing his side of things, too.  The old "eye for an eye and a
tooth for a tooth" theory will leave us ALL blind and unable to eat .....
but rude people aren't entitled to a whole lot of kind treatment in
return.  Until this fool cleans up his act, he pretty much gets what he
deserves.

Today is bargain day.  You get much more than my 2 cents worth.  I figure
this is worth about 50 cents!

Regards,

Tom Hodge
(some $#^&*%$& but no ethnic slurs)