To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Philistines who own Leicas
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 20:12:37 -0700 (MST)

>>A Leica in a tyro's hands will do little better than a pinhole camera in the
>>hands of an accomplished photographer.

>Pardon me?
>
>I learned on a Leica M3, an old Weston meter and Fred Picker's Zone VI
>Workshop book.
>
>Even my first pictures weren't that bad -- I still have them.  I had little
>compositional theory, but the images were sharp and the exposure was
>80% on the money.

Have you ever seen pinhole pictures and how good they can be?

>Leica to learn on?  Sure, if you really want to learn.  Hey, if you *know*
>you want to learn guitar and buy a Gibson, who's going to argue?

I'll not argue. I never said that one shouldn't have whatever one wants and
can afford. Merely pointed out that the instrument does not guarantee results.

Gees, if the world would only read as carefully as I write...
       --
       Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                                 Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum