To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica Gray Cards Cost $ 20
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 14:39:14 -0400

It is almost a certainty that the said gray card was not made by Leica GMBH
and, therefore, was, at most, only blessed with their very expensive holy
water.

I believe that the logo "Leica" is often highly overpriced, particularly
since Leica buys many things from other people. A case in point, a floor
switch for my V35 enlarger timer costs nearly $90 from Leica and "only" $33
under the Jobo label. It would be interesting to compare other products that
Leica re-labels. (Incidentally, my foot switch does not have the red logo.)
Costs of quality control cannot be that large! Can anyone comment on items
such as projectors and filters, and the like.

Pax et Lux,

Chris Fortunko

Replies: Reply from Wolfgang Sachse <sachse@msc.cornell.edu> (Re: Leica Gray Cards Cost $ 20...)