To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Renting lenses
From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 96 18:41:45 -0700

>Remember that you can RENT a lens you want to try with no obligation
>from you local Leica dealer.  That is the beauty of dealing with Leica,
>you can try it before you buy it...that goes for the bodies too.

>Regards,
>Bill Erfurth
>Evergreen, Colo

The Leica dealer nearest me has a rental dept., but they only rent a
couple of M lenses. They sell more kinds than they rent, however, and in
the case of the 50 Summicron they rent a model different than the current
one. Are you implying that since they are a Leica dealership that they
are under some obligation with Leica to allow me to rent any lens before
I buy it? I've never heard of this, but if it's true I'd like to take
advantage of it. How does this work at your dealer? Do you just ask the
salesman to let you rent a particular lens? Is the rental price deducted
from the purchase price if I decide I want to keep it?

-Charlie

Charles E. Dunlap
Earth Sciences Dept.
University of California