To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: nikon/canon lenses on SM leicas ->Zeiss Ikon
From: Ohtonen Pasi <ohtonen@swsgen01es.ntc.nokia.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 96 17:27:00 eet
Encoding: 28 TEXT

> From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
>
> I believe Mr Wouk meant to refer to Zeiss Ikon, a totally different
company
> owned by the same educational foundation which owns the Zeiss optical
works.
> Zeiss Ikon ceased camera production in 1972, but continued to produce
slide
> projectors and the like until 1992, when these were hived off to a
> Scandavanian firm, who continues to produce these under the Zett brand.
 The
> Zeiss Ikon name remains a proprietary Zeiss trademark.

I have a Zeiss Ikon slide projector with 90/2.5 Talon. My surprise was huge,

when I saw at local Leica importer's show a Leica projector, which was
exactly the same as mine, with Colorplan optics,  Leitz markings and
white cover material.
The importer representative said, that Leitz bought the Zeiss Ikon projector
manufacturing plant and replaced their "middle class" projectors with
former Zeiss Ikon projectors.
I have also seen ads of the Zett projectors and they look the same with
the old Zeiss Ikon models. The pro-level Pradovit is still the old Leitz
design.

Regards,  Pasi Ohtonen