To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 08:00:21 -0400

In my experience any Canon lens marked Canon and most marked Serenar as
well as all Nikon thread mount lenses will work on the M6, coupling
properly with the rangefinder (21-135mm) You will need a screw mount to M
adapter. There are three differnent types, all will mount the lens and
couple the rangefinder, but using the proper one will also invoke the
proper frame lines. The adapters are marked with what lens they are
intended for.

My personal experience with these lenes -- The Canon 85 F2 and Nikon 105
F2.5 are both excellent, as is the Canon 35mm f2 (the last black model).
The Canon 28mm f3.5 is good but nearly as good as the Leica 28 Summaron.
IMHO

kw

>>So, could someone please clarify this for me? What Nikon/Canon rf lenses
>>could I use on an M6, what mount are they, what adapter is required, and
>>would the rangefinder couple properly? (Fingers crossed hoping for easy-
>>to-understand answer...). I'll understand this or go mad trying.

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423
<kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>