To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 COVETERS, OR SOUR GRAPES
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 07:51:09 -0400

I have three M bodies. The M6 is the only one I bought new. The M4 and M2
were purchased used, aobut 10 and 2 years ago respectivly. The M2 gets more
use than the other two combined. I prefer the uncluttered viewfinder of the
M2 to the convienience of the M6's metering.

While I'm not complaining about my M6, it is interesting to note that it is
the only one to require repair from normal use. The M4 only required
servicing when I droped it on a concrete floor.

It's also nice to note that my M4, for which I paid $950 with a 50mm
Summicron, is now twice that much without the lens.

That said about the M cameras, I must admit that my IIIf and IIIa get more
day to day use than all the Ms combined.

Cheers!

kw

>It's funny, but as I lurk here and read all the complaints
>about the M6, they all appear to be from people who DON'T
>own one - this is ludicrous. I've had the M2,M4,M4-2 and
>for the past 2 years an M6.  I've also owned a whole slew
>of SLR outfits, and have a Hassy.  The M6 is by far the finest,
>most dependable, and most enjoyable to use photographic
>instrument there is.  You won't find very much criticism from
>owners - only from coveters.
>And that's my $.02

>              / Stanley I. Levine \
>              \ Columbus, Georgia /