To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: focus lever or knurled ring?
From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 96 01:29:46 PDT

When I called Leica USA, the woman who helped me said that they were not
able to convert a lens from knurled ring to focus lever. And I assume
that you can't go the other direction either. She put me on hold before
she gave me the answer; she did not tell me whom she had conferred with.

-Charlie

>There has been some discussion on this group about the redesign of the 50mm
>Summicron-M to replace the focus lever with a knurled focus ring. Can I ask
>which arrangement members prefer, and why? Also, is it possible to have the
>factory or someone else (I am in the UK) convert a lens from one focus
>type to the other?

Charles E. Dunlap
Earth Sciences Dept.
University of California