To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Which M6?
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 20:37:47 -0400

Don't know # ranges, but if I were buying a used M6 in real clean shape,
I'd look for one late enough to have the little plastic strap protectors
above the strap lugs.

I know that there was a series that had a weak part in the film counter
mechanism which caused it to fail (or in the case of mine not reset
properly) but again I don't know the specifics.

Personal note: Give up an M4 for an M6? Are you crazy?  :)

Cheers!

kw

>What should I be looking for in a used M6? I have been told that the meter
>sensitivity has changed over the life of this model, and I know there have
>been changes in the external labeling, but are there any other
>_significant_ things I should know before plunking down a four-figure sum
>for a second-hand camera? If there are, please be as specific as you can
>about what you think I should be looking for: serial number ranges would be
>ideal.
>
>And is there any reason why I _should_ consider a new M6? Do used ones ever
>really wear out except in the hands of photojournalists in Bosnia?
>
>Many thanks in advance for all advice and suggestions.
>
>-- Nick

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423