To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Which M6?
From: hartmann@interaccess.com (Nicholas Hartmann)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 17:26:04 -0600

I'm working up the nerve and the money to upgrade my M4 to an M6 (yes, when
I sell the M4 you all will be the first to know). It is very unlikely that
I can afford a new M6 body, so:

What should I be looking for in a used M6? I have been told that the meter
sensitivity has changed over the life of this model, and I know there have
been changes in the external labeling, but are there any other
_significant_ things I should know before plunking down a four-figure sum
for a second-hand camera? If there are, please be as specific as you can
about what you think I should be looking for: serial number ranges would be
ideal.

And is there any reason why I _should_ consider a new M6? Do used ones ever
really wear out except in the hands of photojournalists in Bosnia?

Many thanks in advance for all advice and suggestions.

-- Nick