To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: SOOKY
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 21:04:10 -0400 (EDT)

>Fits the collapsible 50 Summicron. The head of a rigid 50 Summicron can
>be fitted to the Sooky-M with adapter UROOF (at least I think that is
>the codeword for the adapter. I have one somewhere; I'll have to dig it
>out.
>
>kw

Could someone please clarify which of the rigid 50mm Summicrons have
removeable heads.  I own two of them, one from about 1967 ser #2108759 and
another from about '79, ser #3021668, the former is chrome, the latter
black.  These lenses are obviously 2 different versions (of 4?) since
production began in the early 1950s.  While I have not applied any force to
remove the heads, nothing about its removal appears obvious with either of
them as it is with an Elmarit 90 or Hecktor 135.  I would really like to buy
and use one of these close-focus SOOKY-M devices if I can.  Could anyone
enlighten us.  Thanks.

Curt