To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Insurance, photos of your equipment
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 04:12:10 +0100

In a recent thread about security and insurance and such, someone
suggested taking pictures of one's own equipment. I'm just wondering
now- why? If there's a good reason for doing this, I'll do it. (Hell,
I've got macro lenses, I'll even do it well!). But what exactly is the
reason? Might it be that in the event of a theft, the police will have
no good idea what they're looking for from the specification, and need
to know what it actually looks like as well?
--
joe b.