To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Close up with Leica-M? (Not Macro)
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 96 12:50 EST

Every now and again I find myself wishing for a very slightly improved
close focusing ability for my 50mm Summicrons. I am vaguely considering a
Dual Range Summicron but, by chance, whilst perusing a copy of the Hove
Leica accessories guide, I came across an item called the "Somky" This
implement looks like a small extension ring fitted with goggles.
        The text is unclear, would anyone know if this works with the
current 50mm Summicrons?
Is there another accessory along the same lines that would?
Are they available on the second hand market or are they now treasured
collectibles? How much would one expect to pay, assuming they're findable?
Any input would be most gratefully appreciated,
Jae