To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: loading screwmount Leicas
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 1996 10:33:46 -0500
Cc: pervo@powertech.no (Per Volledal)

At 03:05 PM 4/6/96 +0100, Per Volledal wrote:

>I have an old heavy black Canon screw-mount 135 mm f:3.5 - 22 lens. I have
>never read anything about this lens anywhere, or how it behaves. It makes
>good images. Can anyone give me any information about this lens?

The lens is covered in Dechert's CANON RANGEFINDER CAMERAS.  It's a neat,
though hefty, lens of pronounced optical qualities.  It is a clone of the
Carl Zeiss Jena 4/135 Sonnar of 1933.  The basic design carried over the
lamented 3.5/135 in the later Canon SLR line, a rather nice lens and quite a
capable optick.

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!