To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: This film leader thing is just a great, new "beginning"
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 10:00:37 -0500 (EST)

Dear Group,

Brian Reid wrote all of us recently how pleased he was that this type of
discussion has FINALLY hit his excellent forum!

Brian, thanks from ALL of for starting the thing,  It was worth the
effort, wasn't it??

Group, these are the types of issues we need to focus on (no pun intended)
here on the Leica users forum.  Yes, there will be "drifting" from
time-to-time, but let's all work as hard to keep this a very productive,
idea-exchange and problem-solving web site.

We all have so much to share about our experiences in photography and with
the world's best camera's:  Leica's - it's a real shame and a waste of
time we start slashing folks that hosed us on camera bags and arguing
amongst ourselves.

My tiny CL seems to work with whatever film I feed into it.  The film
take-up area (tension sprocket, take-up spool) looks remarkably "Japanese"
somehow.  My only gripe is a lack of a hinged back.  Man, once you get
used to THOSE from using SLR's, the slide-off backs are so
s...l...o...w.......  I feel like I'm "field-stripping" the thing!

All:  I'm curious if ANY of the Leica M models that accept a winder make
it any easier to load film?  My Leica experience is strictly the CL so
before I even consider an M4-P or an M-6, am I gonna frustrate myself
trying to load film?  Except for the slide off back, the little CL is
just about the easiest thing to load I've seen.

Thanks.  Good shooting, everyone.  Happy Easter or Passover or just another
Sunday to all!

Regards,

Tom Hodge / thodge@charweb.org / North Carolina, USA

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (This film leader thing)