To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: time to upgrade - advice sought
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 07:17:21 -0700 (MST)

At 07:59 AM 4/6/96 -0500, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:
>>This is very interesting. I've never heard about it before. I bought my M4-P
>>about a year ago and I never had any problems since with feeding the film
>>into the camera (using Kodak Tri-X rolls). I just pull the film until it's
>>inside of the right spool, then close the body and shoot two blind pictures.
>>I usually get 38 or 39 pictures per roll. Just luck??
>

>At the risk of sounding like one of the "me too" consumers of bandwidth, let
>me echo Edi's observations at least re the M4. I at first had some
>difficulty in making the transition to the M4 loading system from the M3. I
>found it necessary to thread the film into the takeup spool, then close
>everything up. The combined pressures of the back and the baseplate seem to
>make everything work. Of course, I still confirm this act of faith by
>watching the rewind knob turn as the film is advanced.
>
>Roy

I'll be a "me tooer" also. I'm a new M user and a friend showed me how to
load the M6 (per Edi) and I'm running around, fat dumb and happy, having no
problems. Sure, I watch the rewind knob also, doesn't everybody? Nikon
taught me to do that 40+ years ago!
    --
    Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                              Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum