To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Trade 135/4 for 90/2.8
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 1996 19:38:40 -0700

Curt,

I recently saw a mint Tele-Elmar 1:4/135mm for $ 450. There is one at Cal's
Camera in Costa Mesa for $495.

These lenses are simply not as valuable as the Tele-Elmarits 90mm. There are
many of them in Shutterbug and few people seem to want them. On the other
hand any version of the 90mm Tele-Elmarit/Elmarit lens is in demand and
commands prices several hundred dollars higher.

I have an interest in your lens, but cannot pay the price you request.

Best regards,

>        I have a very precious Tele-Elmar-M 1:4/135 mm that I would consider
>trading for a 90mm Elmarit-M f:/2.8 (or possibly some other permutation of
>lenses/shades).  As much as I love this lens, I find that it is simply a
>length I use extremely infrequently as to which its condition clearly attests.
>        The lens is the predecessor of the latest version which means the
>head is removeable for Visoflex use.  The lens comes with the original case,
>shade, caps, box...even the plastic bag in which it was wrapped! Serial
>number is 3415685.  The difficulty in making an offer for such a trade is
>that this equipment is truly mint (and I know the difference!).  It appears
>to be unused (which is almost the case anyway).  Even the box looks like it
>came right off the shelf.  The value of this lens would be about the same as
>for a latest version of the 90/2.8 -mint/used (I've checked).  So if anyone
>would prefer this length let me know.  I might be willing to consider a swap
>for an earlier 2.8 plus a Hecktor 135 (for the rare occasions I would use a
>135) or for a 90/2.0.
>        P.S. I'm not posting this on the newsgroups...only offering to folks
>on our list.
>
>Curt

Pax et Lux,

Chris Fortunko, Boulder, CO