To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 case recommendations?
From: TINA MANLEY <IMAGES@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 16:59:13 -0400 (EDT)
Date-Warning: Date header was inserted by InfoAve.Net

Tom: I carry my M6 in a fanny pack. Mine happens to be Eastpak, but almost
any kind would do. A camera strap can be cut in the city and swings too much
on a hike.  I can wear a jacket or vest and the fanny pack turned to the
front. It's very convenient and unnoticable.  Tina
At 10:18 AM 4/3/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm fairly new to this list and apologize if my question has been
>discussed recently (although I don't find anything in the archived
>messages for March).
>
>Does anyone have recommendations on a convenient, unobtrusive case usable
>with an M6 with 35/2 or 50/2 lens?  I want something that will protect
>the camera (on a neck strap) when I'm hiking or walking in a city, and
>which I can open or take the camera out of quickly.  At the same time, I
>want something that doesn't shout "Steal me! I'm worth a fortune!"  The
>nylon etc. bags for small 35mm cameras I've seen generally seem to expect
>a wrist strap.  I use a Zing neoprene case with an SLR, and I like it
>except that it sometimes takes me a while to get the camera back into it.
>Zing makes an accessory pouch which doesn't seem quite big enough for an
>M-size camera.
>
>I'm generally curious to know what kind of case list members use when
>they're just carrying a single camera and lens, but want some protection
>for the camera.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions,
>
>Tom Knoles
>tgk@mwa.org