To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Taking the plunge . . .
From: chucko@eskimo.com (Charles E. Albertson)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 20:10:20 -0800
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

     But for those of us wearing glasses, the 28mm frame lines in the M6
viewfinder don't make it. You have to peer through the viewfinder window
from all sorts of angles to see if you've got the picture framed right. Much
easier (for me) to pop the accessory viewfinder into the hot shoe and frame
with that, and you don't have the lens hood scarfing up a corner of the
view. Diopters on the rear window of the M6 viewfinder won't work for Chucko
and his astigmatism, either --- when I asked my eye doctor about that
option, he just laughed.

At 02:43 PM 3/28/96 -0500, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:
>YUP!  A big gold star for Eric!  Both 28mm and 90mm frame lines should
>pop into view when attaching a 28mm lens to an M-6.  Like the animals on
>Noah's arc, they come in pairs:  28/90, 35/135 and 50/75.  The accessory
>viewer (code 12009) is required for the 21mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M.
>
>Tom Hodge
>
>On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Eric Welch wrote:
>
>> Adrian Tanovic/GRFP/GRN wrote:
>>
>> > If you're at all interested in the wider-angle journalistic look, the 28mm
>> > Elmarit-M f2.8 is a lovely lens and might be your choice for a second focal
>> > length.  You will need the accesory finder, though.
>>
>> Not if he's buying an M6. I thought that's what he was getting.
>
>> Eric Welch
>> Grants Pass, OR

Replied: 28 Mar 96 20:58