To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Taking the plunge . . .
From: Alan Holloway <a.holloway@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 21:13:45 -0600

Hi Y'all,

I've been reading the various missives on this list for a while,
and now find myself thoroughly bitten by the Leica bug.  I'm in
a happy quandary: I have enough money to buy an M6 and one or two
new lenses.  Now, here's where you come in.  Which len(ses) should
I purchase?  I enjoy making portraits, including impromptu street
shots.  That makes the 90mm a leading candidate, I suppose.

I'm also an avid large-format (8x10) photographer, so my need for
controlled shooting environments is satisfied by that medium.  I
see the Leica as the ideal tool for high quality photographs taken
off the cuff.

Please help me spend wisely!

--Alan Holloway

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: Taking the plunge . . .)