To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Update on M4-P Shutter problem
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 11:52:36 -0700 (MST)

>After just over a half-year with my M6, I
>still make mistakes like forgetting to focus, 'cause it all looks in
>focus already.

Thanks for that Eric. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone. I have
owned my M6 for less than a month and I, too, have forgotten to focus at
least two exposures (maybe more but the DOF of the 35/2 in bright sun might
have saved me). After using nothing but SLRs since the original Nikon F
days, it's difficult to retrain. Tough duty, but somebody has to do it!

Problem is that now when I look into the viewfinder of my EOS 1n it looks
like I'm peering through an old non-auto stop down lens after I've stopped
it down for checking DOF and subsequent exposure. Oh well, it was like this
when automatic transmissions made their way into our automobiles too. Me?
I'm a slow evolver.
    --
    Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                              Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum