To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: FS: Leica III-F B/D, lenses, & accessories
From: rondm@q.continuum.net (Ron)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 22:51:38 -0500

Hi Leicaphiles:

Here is the latest on what I have available in a Leica III-F B/D package:

Leica III-F B/D s/n# 535512 camera rates a condition of Mint-Minus (see *
note below)
50mm f3.5 Elmar - 9+ rating, perfect glass w/lens shade & leather case,
s/n#805548
35mm f3.5 Summaron, no shade, leather case, s/n# 779623, 9+,
NOOKY optical close focusing device for 50mm Elmar, EXC Cond in Box
SBOOI- 50mm bright line finder, Like New in Box
Imarect Finder, condition EXC
Leica self/timer w/leather case
lens caps, rear dust caps, for all lenses
combination case-leather (holds camera body, lenses,filters,etc., w/lock
cond) EX-
Eveready  case for III-F, leather w/strap EX-
CEYOO flash w/cord
135mm f3.8 Arco Photo Anistigmat tele-snowya lens - apertures OK, will not
focus - frozen ??
Leica III-F owner's manual
Leica III-F flash manual-advertisement

I had the camera originally advertised for $ 975.00, that was before I
decided to keep the Elmar 90mm f4.0
for myself. I actually had not received the camera from whom I purchased it
from when I advertised it
on the NET the other night. As it turns out the body is in better shape than
I had expected.
It only has one small peck (pin-head size) on the top plate near the serial
number, and some tripod marks on the bottom plate, other than that perfect,
nicer than my III-F B/D Selt-Timer conversion.

Note*:
Unfortunately there is one somewhat serious flaw in the camera and that is a
"faint-finder". It is
very difficult to focus the camera. I got an estimate from:

Essex Camera Service, Inc.
100 Amor Ave.
Carlstadt, NJ 07072

Tel: (201) 933-7272
Fax: (201)933-7647

Moonsun the owner quoted me a "ballpark" figure of $ 100.00 to CLA the
camera and replace the mirror causing the faint finder problem in the
rangefinder. They are a reputable firm listed in the LEICA CATALOG printed
by the Leica Historical Societyof America. One other shop wanted $ 185 for
the same job with a 4 mos. lead time. Classic only has a lead time of 30 days.

Most older leicas that have sat dormant for many years need a CLA to begin
with, and he will fix the mirror problem and Clean.Lube, and Adjust the
camera for $ 100.00 plus shipping.

So here is how I now breakdown the pricing on the package:

Leica III-F B/D, Mint-Minus needing a CLA and mirror - $ 250.00
Leitz Summaron 35mm f3.5, cond. 9+ w/ leather case and caps - $250.00
Leitz 50mm Elmar f3.5, cond. 9+ w/lens shade, caps, and leather case - $ 200.00
Leitz NOOKY optical close focusing device, EXC cond. in box for 50mm Elmar
f3.5 - $50.00
SBOOI - 50mm Bright Line finder, like new in Box - $ 195.00
Imarect Finder, EXC - $ 75.00
CEYOO Flash - $ 25.00
Leitz Self-Timer w/ case - $ 40.00
Combination Case EX- (locking) $ 25.00
Eveready Case EX- for III-F - $15.00
135mmArco lens - will not focus - Maybe can be fixed. - FREE w/ package deal !

The above items total out at $ 1125.00. I have the camera listed for only $
250.00 for it needs to have
$100.00 invested into it to make it a 9+ working Leica III-F.

I will sell the whole lot as listed for $ 895.00 plus shipping. Again, I
repeat the lenses are perfect, and the camera would be a 9+ sans the mirror
problem.

I WILL SELL ONLY AS A PACKAGE DEAL !!

First person to commit, gets the prize !

E-mail to: rondm@q.continuum.net or call Bill Clarke
(860) 886-4999 Eves after 9:00 PM EST
or (860) 887-3548 (Days)

address: