To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The new 50/2.8 Elmar
From: jredfern@ottawa.net (Jae Redfern)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 19:53:23 -0500

>It is a great lens. Also, it folds into the camera making the whole thing
>very small. This is going back to the original idea. Leica was the first
>point and shoot camera.
>
>I don't like the black version. It feels differently and looks out of place.
>I don't know why they even bothered. The price of the new lens is too high,
>but the pictures are superb. This is my standard lens.
>
>Pax et Lux,
>

>Chris Fortunko

Would anyone have been fortunate enough to compare the new 50 F2.8
collapsible Elmar with the original? How do they compare?
        I had an old one ages ago that I used to love. It allowed me to
chuck a camera in a jacket pocket and go. Unfortunately, it "disappeared"
some time ago. I recently got another "thrown in" with a body but it has
the faintest beginnings of fungus and hence, I haven't bothered to use it.
        Any idea what sort of price/hassle would be involved in getting it
restored?
Cheers,
Jae

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: The new 50/2.8 Elmar)