To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: A Minor Quibble
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 01:40:22 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On  5 Mar 96 at 11:24, Marc James Small wrote about "A Minor
Quibble":

> In the old, pre-automated days, when we hit reply on our menu choices, we
> had a message to the individual posting the original missive.  Nowe we have
> a message to the entire group.  Fix this, please!

Sorry Marc, but almost all other mailinglists work this way, and it
is much more convenient. However, if you use Pegasus WinPmail, you
can select any sort of reply. There are more mailers that can do
this.
IMO, you can better have several non-interesting mails send to the
list, than one interesting mail that goes unseen for the entire
audience. Mind also: mailinglists, as newsgroups are ment to be
*discussion* phora....;-))

The only list that stubbornly kept replying to the sender, was the
Nikon list. But that was merely a matter of load decrease, and now, it is
even only available as digest....decreasing discussion even more
IMO....

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>