To: rsilvers@media.mit.edu
Subject: Re: M6 Suggestion Box...
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 00:10:00 -0500
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (leica-users-group)

Guys,

Did anyone consider that most of our needs may be met by the current Leica
cameras. Did anyone give up photography, because the performance envelope of
Leica lenses and bodies is not large enough?

If motorized, automated focusing is your thing, then switch to one of the new
autofocus beasts. Join the world of somewhat fuzzy pictures, huge lenses,
large batteries, and Freud.

My current needs are rather simple. I would like a Leica that takes manual M
lenses and has the form factor of the older screw mount cameras. I also would
like a better viewfinder (like the one on the Mamyia 7 and preferably without
the 28mm, 75, and 135mm frames) and an aperture priority mode in addition to
the manual mode. Today, we probably have better electrical than mechanical
components for timing and shutter functions. Therefore, let's not hesitate to
use them. We live in the 90's and should take advantage of the inventions of
the last 50 years.

I do not think, however, that the Leica M7 should have a built-in flash.

On the other hand, a laser range finder and in-viewfinder focus indicator may
be better and faster to use than the current range finder, which is a marvel
of optical engineering, at least in the 40's.

One last suggestion, get rid of the red logo and put the five-letter word
where it belongs, on the top.

Pax et Lux

CMF