To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Paul Wolfs/Leica winter sport photography
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 22:03:25 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

Hi,

About a year ago, I asked a photo book antiquair (sp?) to call
me whenever he has books about wintersport and infrared for sale.
In the category wintersport I already bought three books from him:
1924 Kuenstliche Landschaftsphotographie im Winter (D. Mischol)
1935 Meine Berge Meine Kamera (Ernst Baumann)
1958 FotoTreffer im Schnee, mit der Leica zum Wintersport (Lothar
Rubelt)

Today, this antiquair called, and told me that he has an even more
rare Leica related book for me:
1936 Photographieren in Garmisch/Partenkirchen (Paul Wolfs)
(not sure about title and spelling of authors name)

He said he the book was quite rare, he hadn't seen it in 10 years, so
I am certainly interested. He said that the author had only published
7 titles, and that this book was very wanted by Leica enthousiasts.

Therefor, oh wise group, I come to you for some advise....

The price of this book was quite stiff ($75), so I don't know whether
I will buy it. But you might talk me into it, by claiming that this
book is extremely rare.

I might take a look at the book soon, but perhaps someone can
already tell me what the fame of this book is all about....

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>