To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Projectors
From: "HOFINGER ANDREAS" <H605T3@edv1.boku.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 10:46:56 MET-1MEST

> Hi,
>
> > Does anyone on this
> > list have a strong preference pro/anti Leica for projectors?  If so,
> > should I consider the P150, or the higher-end models?
>
> I don't know if the model numbers in the US and Europe are the same.
>
> I have an older 150-series projector that has served me well until it broke
> down recently. That was after more than 15 years of light use. The largest
> model (2002) is metal made and should be more rugged than the other models.
> It also has a fast switching time and an automatic lamp changer. Furthermore
> it has an aspherical illumination system. I assume this gives more even
> light distribution towards the image corners.
>
> The 2002 uses a different lens-mount from the other models. I don't know if
> the optical quality is any different though.
>
> Which ever model you buy, make sure you get the best lens for the focal
> length you need!
>

> --
> Tore

In addition to this I am interested in some information about a Leitz
Prado Universal Projector which I bought a time ago. I think there
are interchangeable accessories for 135 mm and 6x6 slides, tubes and
optic but cant find any information. Can anyone help me with a
detailed information.
Thank you
Andreas

 Andreas HOFINGER