To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 135 Tele-elmar on Viso 1??
From: jredfern@ottawa.net (Jae Redfern)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:05:37 -0500

I have asked this question before and received many generous offers of
information both e-mailed and snail mailed (Thanks people :).
        'Trouble is: I'm no further advanced than I was before so, I shall
have the temerity to post again in case a new subscriber has the "nugget"
of info' I'm seeking.

        I would like to use the lens set of my 135mm F4 Tele-elmar on my
Viso 1, both with and without my Komura 2X teleconverter and acheive
infinity focus.
IS THIS POSSIBLE? The lens is about thirty years younger than the viso unit
so I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't.
        A fellow leica subscriber recommended the ZOOAN/16495 short
focussing mount but, according to the lit' I have at my disposal, this was
designed for the 135mm Hektor which, I seem to remember, has a different
thread size than the Tele-elmar and certainly has a shorter length of lens
set assembly.
        In all the diagrams I have seen, I have never seen any mention of
mounting the Tele-Elmar lens set on the Viso1. (Perhaps this should tell me
something?)
        If any one has the answer to this question, I solemnly swear to
build a small shrine in their honour in the corner of my office and make
regular offerings of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
        The second part of the question pertains to the Komura 2X
teleconverter. I received it gratis, thrown in with a lens I bought. It
seems solidly built and is rangefinder coupled (???). The inscriptions on
this thing read:" Komura Lens MFG. Ltd. Telemore95 K.M.C for L.  Being
coupled one would think to mount it directly between lens and camera but
then how does one frame the shot? (Also the rangefinder patch does not
travel to infinity.)
        Another fellow poster mentioned having heard of a clip on
viewfinder for this but I have searched high and low without success.
        Would anyone either have or know of a source for an instruction
manual for this thing?
        Also is it AT ALL possible to use it on the Viso1 in conjunction
with the Tele-Elmar?  I'm somewhat sceptical as you can't mount it between
viso and camera body as then you will not get correct framing in the viso.
It would also seem unlikely that one could mount it between the lens set in
short focusing mount and the viso unit due to the teleconverter being M
bayonnet mount and the viso lens end being screw threaded.
        Any input would be most gratefully appreciated and apologies to
those that read these questions in their original posting and found it all
wearisome then.
Thanks,
Jae