To: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: best 35mm.bayonet?
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 01:39:34 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Kalessin@eworld.com, Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Chuck Albertson's observations are quite useful and more.  Thanks, Chuck!

It's not just enough to be a pretty darned good photographer with eyes on
the subject matter.  Your equipment is a whole lot of cash to a person
with a drug habit and you need eyes in the back of your head.

Hate to induce paranoia in everyone shooting in public, but like the guy
on Hill Street Blues admonished his patrolmen...."Hey....let's be careful
out there!"

And, people, please make a record of anything with a serial number you
own.  Use your cameras to take pictures of your cameras!  And insure
them, keep any bills of sale safe. etc., etc.,

We tend to overlook our passion as real, trackable personal property.
Should a thief be caught with your camera and the serial number has been
reported, it just might help someone else recover theirs as well.  We're
all in this game together!  Pass the words along and relay any other
security suggestions along to the group!

Regards,

Tom Hodge