To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Summaron 3.5 35 mm
From: jvr@inescn.pt (Joao Ranito)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:16:59 GMT

>Does anyone have contemoporary experience of using this m lens. I am
considering buying one for $275.  What is the clarity of the lens like/
resloution etc. Will it work on a M^. Thanks

I have one and use it often. In the beggining, I was a bit afraid of the
results I got on the slide tests I made: it flares a bit and vignettes a
bit. Vignetting is essentialy noticeable in underexposure (of course). It
was never offending (unless in tests...). Flare is a bit more problematic:
the dedicated hood helps a lot. Regarding sahrpness, resolution, distortion,
etc., I am very happy with it. I use it all the time on a M3 and like it,
although I miss the 35mm viewfinder lines (SIGH!). I considered saving some
money to buy a Summicron but not anymore. I really like my Summaron! BTW,
thanks for everyone that suggested that I should use it instead of buying a
Summicron.

Hope that it helps.