To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (leicausersgroup)
Subject: Used book: "Applied Leica Technique"
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 23:19:37 -0500

I recently bought an "out-of-print" book entitled "Applied Leica Technique".
The book is by Guenther Osterloh and was published around 1985.

The book is beautifully done, but appears to reflect the 1985 Leitz company
world view. It may be useful to the dedicated R and SL users. However, as an
M camera user, I find the book to be less useful.

In my opinion, this book should not be sold as it is not objective. Instead,
something like it ought to be included free with new R-cameras as a manual.
Certainly, its production price would be insignificant compared to the price
of a new R camera. (Used R cameras appear to be a bit more affordable!)

Does anyone have any opinions in this matter?