To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Yet more Viso' queries
From: jredfern@intacc.net (Jae Redfern)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 20:32:38 -0500

I feel I must apologise in advance to those on the list (and there must be
a few, by now) who are sick to the back teeth of my Visoflex musings/
fumblings but as I'm currently stuck at home recuperating from minor
surgery, I thought this might be a good occasion to drag out the Leica
"doohickey" box and finally, once and for all, work out how these things
work.
        Obviously, from the tone of this posting, I have failed, remain
resolutely stumped and now wonder if, yet again, I might beg the indulgence
of this group for a few answers.

I have the following strange items:
-Viso 1 with a M bayonnet mount on one end and 39mm thread on the other.
-chimney finder for the above
-chrome double cable release
-bellows 1
-2 interchangeable screw in plates that allow either bayonnet or screw
mount lenses to mount to the front of the bellows
-unidentified tube with a 39mm male thread on one end and a slightly larger
female thread on the other

My questions to the illustrious members of this group are:
-what's the purpose of the unidentified tube?
-can I mount the lens set from a 135mm Tele-elmar and acheive infinity
focus with what I have? (No success, yet.)
-what is the hole next to the screw attachment on the bellows?
- the Viso attaches to the bellows by means of the bellows screw that fits
into the bottom of the viso. The front of the viso merely fits into and
rests flush with the rear standard of the bellows. This strikes me as a
highly un-leica-like arrangement, am I assembling this correctly?
- Is there any way to mount the lens set of the 135mm onto the viso1,
dispensing with the bellows, and acheive infinity focus? Focusing mount
required?
- Should I just ditch the viso1 and bellows 1 and get a more recent rig?
I apologise for the long windedness and complete lack of technical
nomenclature. I very rarely use Leicas for Macro or long lens work but
suddenly find myself with time on my hands and one man's jig saw puzzle is
my Leica gizmos.
Thanks in advance,
Jae