To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: CZ Jena 20mm Flektogon for Leica R
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 17:03:08 +0000

I've just seen a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm 2.8 manual stop-down
lens for Leica R at a rather good price. I'm interested to know whether
the East German Zeiss lenses can be considered good enough to use
alongside the Leica lenses; presumably it is the same optical design as
the West German equivalent lens. Perhaps I have to buy it and test it
and find out for myself. I'm thinking it's likely to be better than the
Tamron 17mm I'm using (and having to stop down to f8 all the time) at
present! Any information, opinions or experiences?

joe b.