To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 35 vs. 50 summicrons
From: DFeldman@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 00:26:05 -0500

Having got the where to buy questioned settled to some extent, I'm going to
ask an even more basic question.

If you were going to have only 1 lens available for at least a year, would
you choose a 35mm or a 50mm?

At first, I was leaning toward the 35 because of size, easy focusing, and
because I seem to be wanting to step back these days when using my 50mm
Nikkor.

However, I am now uncertain. I have not used a 35mm a great deal and wonder
if the perspective distortion will bother me. Also, the 50mm lens is $500
cheaper (new).

Any suggestions, opinions or stories would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

David Feldman
Davis, CA
dfeldman@aol.com