To: BillDan@aol.com, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Why not?
From: Clevenson2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:16:54 -0500
Cc: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu

Hi Bill (and other Leica Folks),
  I would love to post a few of the better shots, but I need to locate a
slide scanner (I was shooting Velvia). We have a flatbed scanner here at work
that I've used in the past but I need to make some inquiries about getting
transparencies digitized.
  I was VERY pleased with the results. Since the light was constantly
changing as the sun went down I was bracketing like a fiend (1/10, 1/4, 1/2,
1, 2, 5 and 10 sec; all at f8).  Out of the roll of 36, I'd say that 5 were
stunners (good depth of color in the sky, lights in the buildings and bridge,
and some foreground detail).
  I did three shots of the moon (also with 400 Telyt). The illuminated side
was overexposed, but the "dark" side showed nice "earth glow". You could
easily see craters on the limn.  In one shot a plane was passing real close
to the moon and I opened the shutter for 5 seconds as it passed the moon. The
shot was kind of interesting; the lights gave four long streaks past the moon
which started out a teeny bit wiggly and then became straight. Even though I
depressed the dual cable release in two phases (push to raise the mirror,
wait a moment and the push the rest of the way to fire the shutter) there was
still a tiny bit of movement of the camera/lens/tripod.
  I'll work on locating a scanner. Is the best format a JPEG? Do I need to
encode it or anything before attaching?

All the Best, Corey Levenson