To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Who owns Leica?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 08:54:29 PST

** Reply to note from Winston Yu <at270@freenet.toronto.on.ca> 11/06/95 07:47am -0500
> How to you get all new message to your PC
> and read them offline ?

I use an OS/2 program called Golden Compass. It alone justifies the purchase of OS/2.
But they are coming out with a Windows version in the future to run on NT and Win95, but
Win95 has a problem running such a well threaded program. It sells for around $59 at
Indelible Blue.

Right now, there's NavCis, which there are three versions. One free, and two you buy.
The high end one, for $79 has a spell checker and other neat stuff.

There's also one that Compuserve sells for $10 that some people like. It's called CisNav
I believe. Sort of strange for such a name after Navcis was already out.

For Dos, there's TapCis ($80?) and OzCis ($50?). You and do the GO Tapcis or whatever of
the names of the programs above and find the forum where you can download it. I use the
CIS 800 14.4 number or a 28.8 line out of San Francisco to download programs, since I
don't have a local node.

I don't know what the name of the Mac programs are, but they're out there too. Just post
a message asking and someone will tell you.

Let me know if you find what you're looking for. Golden Compass has saved me Hundreds of
Dollars a year. And since I'm long distance, and the cheapest rate I can get is 10 cents
per minute, they will continue to save me money. I usually spend a total of 4 or 5
minutes online - that's three longins - to do several hundred messages and all my e-mail
through CIS.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR