To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
From: Jack Hamilton <0002022804@mcimail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 95 22:15 EST

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Sent: 	Sunday, September 24, 1995 7:24 PM
To:              Bill Erfurth and the readers of
                    "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us"
Subject: 	RE: Leica rentals

Bill:

I've rented both an m-6 and an r-7 outfit from Reimers, here in
Milwaukee. The m-6 comes with a rapid winder, a 35mm f1.4 and the 90mm f2.8.
The r-7 outfit comes with a motor, a 50mm f2 and the 90mm f2.8.
 The outfits
rent for $20 a day, or $60 per week. Leica used to offer a deal where they
refunded the rental fee, if you bought the outfit...but I'm not sure that
this part of the deal holds. That was a rental proposal that Leica had last
year. And I guess that they just decided to renew the offer, starting a couple
of weeks ago. Those Krauts are shure schmart!!!

But the "rental" prices are still firm....

Naturally, the whole point is to get the potential user "hooked" on the
cameras...and as I've always thought...once a person gets a Leica into their
hands and then puts it up to their eyes...they are on the way...and nothing
else will satisfy them...not really ever!!!

Sort of taking the fox into the henhouse...if you know what I mean...

Not a bad deal...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin