To: Patrick Sobalvarro <pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Leica R recomendation
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@jcic.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 08:10:57 -47900
Cc: mcenzer@nwu.edu, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

The choice of an R4s is a problem, as just mentioned. I found not having
the shutter speed in the viewfinder a bit of a pain, though you can say
that of my M6 as well. <G>

You can have Leica modify it. Jim Stanfield showed me his R4s, and it had
the shutterspeeds in the viewfinder. Leica did it for him. But, a cheaper
alternative would be the R4sP which has that feature.

>From what I've read, Sebastia Salgado, who probably puts cameras through
more in one year than most of us would in a decade, says the R6(.2) is
very reliable.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
Grants Pass, OR