To: A#URBAN@ccmail.ceco.com
Subject: Re: Leica Medium Format
From: Gordon Banks <geb@dsl.pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 09:05:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Tue, 30 May 1995 A#URBAN@ccmail.ceco.com wrote:

>      I don't know about the rest of you, but if Leica came out with a
>      medium format camera I'd be standing in line to get one.
>
>      Seems like there's a potential market out there for Leica which is
>      being gobbled up by Fuji and Mamiya medium forma rangefinders.

I guess some companies feel they'd rather have a specific niche, in
their case, 35mm format, and do it the best they can.  It may be that in
trying to expand to other formats, they would actually weaken their company.
Likewise, Hasselblad doesn't try to make 35mm cameras.

Gordon Banks  N3JXP      |"Reality must take precedence over public relations,
geb@cadre.dsl.pitt.edu   | for nature cannot be fooled." --Richard Feynman