Subject: [Leica] Re. IMG: New friend
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 16:30:08 -0700

Thanks, Sue, Don and Tina. We sometimes still call her Tilly by mistake.
But she looks very different. And just like people, individual dogs have
individual personalites. So she is not Tilly, she is herself, and we
love her for who she is.

You folks might enjoy this story. Getting a purebred dog, especially an
adult dog, is quite a process. It helps to know someone. You have to
prove to the breeder that you are worthy. Some of it seems right out of
the movie "Best In Show." Anyway, I communicated with a breeder in
Portland. He didn't have anything, but he knew a couple near us who did.
Some of his dogs had bred with their dogs and vice versa. All In the
Family. Now, the Portland guy had bred had two male dogs named James and
Taylor. And the nearby couple's female, who was about to retire from
breeding, was named Carley. So I was thinking of folk-rock singers from
the Sixties, despite the extra "e" in Carley's name. So when I met them,
I quipped, "Please don't tell me that her AKC name is Kilcreggan You're
So Vain." No, it wasn't, but it was a good joke.? And yes, this song is
about her!

(Kilcreggan is the name of the Scottish town where the woman who owned
Carley grew up.)

--Peter