Subject: [Leica] Film developing - Advice sought
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 21:24:45 +0100

All,

as I said in my last post I sent some rolls of HP5 and XP2 for Harman
for processing. Not for the first time they came back at least partly
spoilt with marks, grain and looking like they hadn't been well-developed.

Has anyone on the LUG had similar experiences with them? Or do you have
thoughts about developing in general.

I am very happy to put a good bit down to me not having used either the
M3 or the IIIf for a while, but they are in good condition, both have
been CLA'd by Malcolm Taylor. I am also happy to admit that the film
wasn't the freshest, nonetheless...

I am looking at alternative local developers, but, as in the US, good
ones are few and far between. I am currently investigating these guys
(https://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/) in Cheltenham. Charlie, do you use them?

If anyone in the UK has recommendations I'd be happy to hear about their
experiences.

Comments and advice, please.

Peter

PS I don't want to set up my own darkroom
--

Dr. Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Film developing - Advice sought)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Film developing - Advice sought)