Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wroclaw
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 07:03:31 +0200

Finally, my travelling this half-year is coming to an end, allowing me to
process the photos. On my way home from Warsaw in mid-June, I stopped for a
couple of days in Wroc?aw in SW Poland, to visit my sister there. In
contrast to my visit there in March, the weather was nice, and the city was
very lively. I was there from Thursday evening till Saturday lunchtime, so
not as many pictures as I would normally have, but I visited a new (to me)
place, a 16th century bastion near the city moat, which functioned as a
German military headquarters in the spring of 1945 when the German defenders
of the city fought to the bitter end?Hitler had declared the city ?Festung
Breslau? that must never surrender, and as a result most of the centre was
completely destroyed. Today the bastion and surrounding area has been nicely
restored and constitutes a lovely green space in the heart of this city of
700,000 people. A small gallery is here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Wroc?aw-June-2024

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu