Subject: [Leica] Commentary on new tools available in LR and PS
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 11:21:07 -0500

Greetings to all.  For those using Adobe products I am sure you have
noticed a significant improvement in the creative fill or removal AI.  I
think it is worth thinking through the art form and its believability
currently.

For those not familiar take a look at Julieanne Kosts YouTube brief video
on the new tools.

Most of us are aware of what skilled darkroom workers were capable of
either with the creativity vis a vis images coming from Stalin's Soviet
Union or Jerry Uselman's creations.  I am speaking specifically about
creative fill that allows whole portions of an image to be changed into new
pixels that can then be further manipulated.  It seems to me that this both
allows an image to be far closer to what the photographer visualized when
capturing the image as well as taking photography even further from
believability.

Even further afield in generative AI where you state what you want and an
AI creates an image that can be further edited either by the AI or the
requestor.

Creatively I rather like these new tools but there are objective issues
with them as well.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com